Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why am I so skinny?

I'm a 19 year old male. Both my parents are fairly normal sized, my dad's somewhat muscular, and not that fatty. I however, am 6'1" and weigh 145. No matter what I do I can't seem to add any muscle mass. I did grow taller in the past year, but I still haven't put on any weight.

Will I bulk up naturally if I keep eating healthy foods? My frame seems big enough to support alot more body mass than it currently is.

Also, should I be doing cardio exercises to help keep off extra body fat?

Thanks.
Answer:
Clone. I was stuck there for about 30 years. I could not gain and keep weight until I was about 48.

Snack more, with some protein snacks, nuts and fruit. Eat a good breakfast

You also need energy to add muscle, so too much cardio may just hold you back. Lift weights, but keep it down to two sets of any exercise. That will conserve some calories for gain..

You want to stimulate muscle growth, but not overdo the calorie burn, and get enough calories and protein to grow with. Have a good snack with both carbs and protein within 90 minutes of your workouts.

While trying to gain weight, you may have to let your cardio slide a bit. Limit to 30 minutes three times a week. Once you have gained some weight, and strength with the lifting, then up your cardio back to previous levels, and keep eating and snacking..
Go to a gym and talk to a trainer and he or she can tell you how to do that.
protein is the best thing to have in your diet, and excersize.
meat,protein shakes, meal bars ect.
you sound hot!!
you walking to much
Overactive thyroid. You might want to get blood work done.
You'll bulk up in a year or two.
fast matbolism?mabey
Im 6'1'' and i lost about 25lbs and now im about 170, its good that you dont get fat cuase its hard to get the wieght off, im 21, dont feel bad that your skinny, your matabolism is pumpin so thats good, you could do cardio, it helps for your heart, you wanna get fat, eat fast or fat food!
aww, youre like my friend Ian! cute. well um its not like unhealthy. just keep eating well and excercising for health.
Maybe being slim is your body type. Some people can work out every day and still remain skinny because thats just there body type.
I married my first husband and he was 22 and 123 pounds and 6 foot. He was joining the army and still to little for them. Anyway he ate anything that he wanted and never gained an ounce. he finally had to buy proten drinks and start lifting weights. This helped alittle. He is now 35 and time has only started to creep up on him alittle. Some people are just made to be skinny.
You must have a high metabolism, i am skinny too , the only thing that makes me gain weight is eating like 6 times a day things like meat, milk, egg, sandwiches, juice, etc.
But as soon i stop eating a lot, i go back to my normal weight, plus i have two jobs the requires high phisical activity, so i always will be skinny
You may have naturally high metabolism.. A lot of people are praying to be skinny and you don't have to try. That's great. As long as you eat healthy and exercise, you are healthy and that is what counts not body mass. You will probably gain the body mass over time, there are some health food stores that sale powders or pills that can help in that area, but it's best to do it naturally. Good-luck!
You can get bigger by exercise with a well balanced diet. In order to get bigger through exercise, you must challenge yourself through resistance exercise. I'd reccomend bodyweight cause its healthier so heres my tip for that: Do enough exercise to where you're pushing no more then 5-10 reps. For your diet just eat a lot more food this includes veggies, fruit, milk, eggs, lean meats. You wanna bulk up drink a lot of milk minimum of 1/4 to half a gallon a day. I'm 230 pounds and all i do is bodyweight exercise.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net